Candy Cane Fruit and Cream Cheese Danish
I have a fun dessert and/or breakfast recipe for you guys to try for the holiday season. This Candy Candy Cherry and Cream Cheese Danish is not only super cute, it’s pretty easy to make Not to mention, it’s festive! I ran to Target and spent less than $10 on everything I needed, I love the ease of using the canned pie filling in the recipe.
You only need a few ingredients, which you might already have in your refrigerator or pantry since it’s baking season.
The “hardest” part is shaping the crescent rolls into a candy cane, which isn’t really hard at all I kept 2 of the crescents rolls separate, so I could use those for my stripes later.
You could use a knife and make your edges all perfect, but I figured since we were going to be baking it away and covering it with delicious cream cheese and fruit, that wasn’t needed.
Once you put on the cream cheese and powdered sugar mixture down, you add on the delicious cherries.
After the cherries are on you will add stripes to the candy cane.
Use the remaining crescent rolls (the two that you set aside earlier) and cut them into small strips.
Add the strips along the candy candy.
When you are done baking it, you will add on the powdered sugar glaze.
Now, here’s the recipe! Make sure to print or pin it so that you can make it again and again Think of all the fun seasonal shapes we can make…
- 1 cans of Pillsbury crescent rolls - I used the reduced fat
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ can cherry pie filing (you could also use strawberry)
- Powdered sugar (very small amount needed)
- Milk (very small amount needed)
- Open the crescent rolls and set 2 aside
- Shape the remaining crescent rolls into candy cane
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract into a small bowl and mix well
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the candy candy shape
- Spoon pie filling on top of cream cheese mixture
- Using the remaining two crescent rolls that you set aside, cut into strips, and lay on top of your pie filling to finish off your candy cane
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, drizzle with Glaze and Enjoy!
- Take a small amount of milk (1 teaspoon at a time) and slowly mix in powdered sugar until you get a glaze consistency
I hope you enjoy this Candy Candy Cherry and Cream Cheese Recipe as much as we did!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Cans Get You Cooking, I am a proud Canbassador! This recipe and all opinions are my own.