Cooking On A Budget + Good Cook GIVEAWAY – Welcome Studio 10 Viewers
Good morning and WELCOME Studio 10 viewers! Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and if you are like me…finding a babysitter and getting out this weekend may be tough, but you would still like to make the day special. Where do we find the TIME?? With the kids, soccer practice, gymnastics, homework, Cub Scouts, work, and all the household stuff to attend to, it’s hard to take a few hours to make a fancy meal to enjoy at home.
Well, you CAN make a delicious meal and have it be ready in under an hour with less than 10 minutes prep time. Add in a bottle of wine and a candle on the table and you have yourself a fabulous Valentine’s Day dinner 🙂
I am very proud to be a Good Cook Kitchen Expert and I used their amazing products on the show today to make an easy and delicious Chicken Pot Pie.
Here’s the recipe…just click the print button and you are on your way to Chicken Pot Pie at your house! Want to see me make it? Watch the Studio 10 Segment here!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 can (18.6 oz) Progresso Rich & Hearty chicken pot pie style soup - I have used the Light before too
- 1-2 cups frozen mixed vegetables - about ½ a bag (depending how many your family likes in it!)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cooked chicken – Shredded, Perdue Short Cuts, Rotisserie or baked leftovers works great
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Put one of the pie crusts on the bottom of the pie pan
- Warm soup, thawed vegetables, chicken and flour on the stove
- Spoon into crust-lined pie plate
- Top with second crust
- Seal edges using your fingers to press them closed
- Cut 3-6 slits in the top of the pie crust
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown
- If the crust begins to brown too much – cover with foil after about 15 minutes
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving
- Cut into wedges
Now, like I mentioned on the show, the folks at Good Cook have offered 25% off discount for all my readers and Studio 10 viewers! Just use Good Cook Coupon Code havingfun to get 25% off your order on GoodCook.com! Where else can you find Good Cook Products? Make sure to take a look at your favorite retailer – I know Publix carries a large variety.
So, how about a chance to WIN the fabulous Good Cook products I used on the show today? That’s right, two lucky winners will win everything you need to make your Easy Chicken Pot Pie!
The prize includes:
- (1) Good Cook “Classic” Nonstick Saucepan, 3 Qt.
- (1) Good Cook Ceramic Pie Plate, 9″- Red
- (1) Good Cook Black Nylon Basting Spoon
- (1) Good Cook Soft Grip Can Opener
CLICK TO CONTINUE to enter to WIN the Good Cook Prize…You will enter on the Rafflecopter Form below by clicking on the link saying “Rafflecopter Giveaway”, the giveaway is open to US Residents and those 18+.
Here’s how to enter the giveaway:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received no compensation for this publication. I did receive products from review from Good Cook. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. Having Fun Saving is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment. Good Cook is responsible for the shipment of the prize.