These Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders are the perfect addition to your Game Day menu! Tangy with a bit of heat, they are definitely a crowd pleaser. I am a proud CK Mondavi Ambassador, while this post is sponsored, my love for the wines and this recipe are 100% my own.
Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders
When I think Game Day, I automatically think of Game Day appetizers. Delicious fingers foods that keep everyone coming back for more. All my friends and family love my Buffalo Chicken Dip, but I wanted to make something a bit more. Same familiar flavor profile, but better. So, I came up with these Game Day Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders. Tangy blue cheese, a kick with the hot sauce, and a crunch from the blue cheese broccoli sauce make these Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders a hit for Game Day…or any day 😉
I will admit it’s been awhile since I have made meatballs from scratch, I had forgotten how easy it was! You have to be willing to get your hands a bit messy, but you will have some outstanding meatballs before you know it.
For the chicken meatballs, you only need a few ingredients, some seasonings, some onion, breadcrumbs and an egg. You simply mix it all together and roll your meatballs. I placed mine on a cooling rack for baking, if you don’t have one, be sure to use parchment paper or spray your baking sheet.
Once your meatballs are prepped, toss them into the oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, be sure they are cooked throughout.
While they are baking, make the hot sauce. To make the hot sauce for your Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders you simply pour in the remainder of the hot sauce, 3 tablespoons of butter, and 2 tablespoons of CK Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc into a large pan. Bring the mixture up to a simmer. Since prepping the sauce only takes a minute or two, this is also a good time to make the blue cheese slaw for the sliders. Just add low-fat blue cheese dressing to your broccoli slaw until your desired creaminess is achieved. I don’t like super-soupy slaw, so I used less than half a jar, but you can do what works for you.
When the chicken meatballs are ready, you will add them to the sauce pan.
Be sure to coat each chicken meatball with that spicy saucy goodness!
Place the lid on and keep the temperature on low until you are ready to serve.
Assembling your Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders is easy, just cut your rolls in half and top with the prepped slaw and one deliciously spicy chicken meatball. Bam! So good. You can drizzle on extra sauce or even add some blue cheese crumbles if you would like.
Now, here’s how to make these amazing Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders, be sure to Print and Pin the recipe so that you can make them again and again.
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite all seasoning - I used Dust by VooDoo Chef
- ½ cup diced onion - I used red onion, white would be fine as well
- 1¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons of wing/hot sauce - I used Frank's Original RedHot
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- The remainder of the 12 oz. bottle of wing/hot sauce - I used Frank's Original RedHot
- 2 tablespoons CK Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag of Broccoli Slaw
- Lite Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- Party Rolls/Slider Rolls - I used the potato variety
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease cookie/baking sheet or line with parchment paper or use cooling rack on top of cookie sheet
- Place all the ingredients into a medium to large size bowl
- Using your hands gently mix all the ingredients together
- Once the chicken mixture is well blended, use your hands to form 1 - 1.5 inch meatballs
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 20 mins or until cooked throughout
- While the meatballs are baking, add the remainder (approx 12 oz) of the wing/hot sauce, the butter, and CK Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc to a large pan
- Stir and bring to a simmer
- Combine the Broccoli Slaw and a half bottle of the Lite Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing (more if you prefer) in a medium bowl, refrigerate until ready to serve
- Once the meatballs are covered throughout, add them to the large pan with the sauce
- Stir well to make sure each meatball is thoroughly coated in the buffalo sauce
- Cover until ready to serve
- Once ready to serve, cut the party rolls in half
- Top each roll with the blue cheese broccoli slaw and a chicken meatball
- Add more blue cheese crumbles and buffalo sauce if desired
- Enjoy with the open bottle of CK Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc!
I hope you enjoy these Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders as much as we do!
The spicy sauce and tangy blue cheese all on a bun make these a winning appetizer for any gathering. And since you have that bottle of CK Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc open because we added to the sauce, I recommend pairing this Game Day appetizer with the rest of the bottle, of course! I love Sauvignon Blanc because it’s an easy drinking wine and pairs well with almost any food which is why its goes great with appetizers. So, it’s perfect to pair with these sliders and anything else you may be serving up!
What are some of your favorite Game Day eats? Chips? Dips? Pizza? We love those too! That’s why I wanted to let you all know about some hangtags to look out for in-store on your favorite CK Mondavi Wines.
- Save $3 on two bags of chips – no wine purchase required – mail in rebate
- Save $3 on two bags of Bridgford Pepperoni – no wine purchase required – mail in rebate
Look for CK Mondavi’s special game day promotions on their wine bottles in stores now through March 31, 2017.
CK Mondavi is the perfect game-day wine as it has amazing quality for the price. Here are two more suggestions to add to your wine menu for game-day (or any day!), Pinot Grigio and Moscato. Pinot Grigio is bright with balanced acid and pairs well with seafood, chicken and light sauces. It’s one of my favorite wines in the summer! If you like sweet wines, then Moscato is for you. It is a sweet and juicy wine and pairs well with spicy foods or fruit.
Which CK Mondavi Wines will you be serving with these Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders?
Looking for more Game Day recipes?