Dei Fratelli Truly Tomatoes Review + Easy Lasagna Recipe
I received Dei Fratelli Truly Tomatoes for review and since my family has been asking for my Lasagna, I figured this was the perfect time to give it a try 🙂 I love an Easy Lasagna!
- 8x8 baking pan
- 1 carton of Dei Fratelli Truly Petite Cut Tomatoes in a Light Puree
- 1 - 1¼ lbs of lean ground beef
- ¼ cup diced red onion - about 2 slices
- ¾ teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese - I like to use Part Skim
- 3 tablespoons of Italian Seasonings
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Mozzarella or an Italian blend of shredded cheese
- 1 box of Barilla Oven Ready Lasagne Oven Ready Noodles - No Boiling Required!
- Place a small amount of the Dei Fratelli Truly Petite Cut Tomatoes in a Light Puree on the bottom of the 8x8 baking dish
- Lightly saute the onion and garlic
- Add in beef and brown
- Add in the remainder of the carton Dei Fratelli Truly Petite Cut Tomatoes in a Light Puree
- Add 1 tablespoons of Italian Seasonings
- Mix well and skimmer for about 10 minutes
- In a mixing bowl - mix ricotta, shredded cheese, egg, and 2 tablespoons of Italian Seasonings
- Place one layer of noodles on top of the think layer of sauce in the baking dish (2 noodles fit perfectly in the 8x8)
- Add one layer of the meat/sauce mixture
- Add one layer of the ricotta cheese mixture
- Add one layer of noodles
- Repeat until you have 2 layers of each
- Then add one layer of noodles and add the remainder of the meat/sauce mixture
- *You will have 3 layers of noodles, 2 layers of the ricotta mixture and 3 layers of meat
- Top the final layer of meat with a thin layer of Mozzarella or an Italian blend of shredded cheese
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes and 350 degrees or until heated throughout and bubbly
- I like to take over the cover and bake for an additional 5 minutes at 375 just to brown the cheese
I did receive Dei Fratelli Truly! Line of tomatoes to use for review. Make sure to look for it at your local retailer for this fun new line! I loved that it was fresh right out of the carton. Just like homemade! If you don’t like to see any tomato pieces in your sauce, you can easily toss it in the food processor first, but it cooked down so nicely, I didn’t even bother! I am looking forward to using the Finely Chopped Tomatoes with Celery, Carrots, and Onions in my chili 🙂
Dei Fratelli Truly™ Tomatoes are grown on local, family farms in the rich, fertile soil of the Lake Erie Basin. After a short journey from their growers’ fields, the tomatoes are carefully selected for the distinctive Truly™ Tomato products. Moreover, the tomatoes are preserved within a maximum of 10 hours after harvesting. This innovative concept and traceability is called, “Field to Carton.” The tomatoes are packed in a light puree providing a rich tomato flavor, and do not contain any artificial additives or preservatives.
Dei Fratelli Truly™ Tomatoes are manufactured by Hirzel Canning Company & Farms in Toledo, Ohio, a fourth-generation, family-owned and operated company founded in 1923.
I hope you guys enjoy this Easy Lasagna Recipe with Dei Fratelli Truly™ Tomatoes! Make sure to let me know if you try it.
Disclosure: I received Dei Fratelli Truly™ Tomatoes in order to daciliate my review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own!