Weight Watcher Potato Soup – Easy Crockpot Meal
Tis the season for warm comfort foods and soup I know it can be hard to find recipes that are delicious and also low in fat and calories, so I am excited to share my Easy Crockpot Potato Soup with you guys. If you are on Weight Watchers, one serving is just 2-3 points! And the best part is that it makes a ton, so you will have yummy soup for dinner and lunch for a few days!
I used mainly canned ingredients in my recipe because my schedule is crazy! I hate it when I have fresh produce in the pantry and a week later I have to throw it out because I never got around to making a specific recipe. I hate wasting money! I know you guys do too This way, the next time you are at the store you can grab the needed supplies, toss them in your pantry, and they are ready when you are. I got mine at Target…Target is on the way home from Jazzercise so it’s always an easy stop.
The prep time on this soup recipe is just 5 minutes…you just add the canned goods into the crockpot and you have dinner started. Doesn’t get too much easier than that! As you can see, I also added in some celery and turkey bacon…I like a hearty soup and I had both of those ingredients in my refrigerator. They were an excellent addition!
Now, here’s the recipe:
- 1 can diced potatoes - you can add 2 cans if you want!
- 2 14 ounce cans non-fat chicken broth
- 1 10-3/4 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 can diced carrots
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced cooked turkey bacon or even ham would be fine
- 1 - 8 oz pkg lowfat cream cheese
- 1 cup fat free milk
- Add all the ingredients expect the milk and cream cheese to the crock pot
- Let cook for at least 2 hours
- Add cream cheese, and cook until cream cheese is mixed into soup well (approx 30 min - 1 hour)
- Add in milk and cook until heated throughout - at least 15 minutes
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Cans Get You Cooking, I am a proud Canbassador! This recipe and all opinions are my own.