10 Tips For Moms + Pampers #MilestoneMoments GIVEAWAY
My youngest is now 6 years old and I will be the first to admit – that I am learning how to be a mom every single day. Being a mom is the most rewarding, amazing, and HARDEST job in the whole world. Just think – you have a human being to mold, groom, and care for – they depend on YOU for absolutely everything. Talk about stressful! Talk about….wonderful.
Pampers reached out to me and asked me to share a few Mom Tips with you guys, so here we go!
1. Don’t be discouraged if you can’t have a natural birth. C-sections are ok too. You are still bringing your baby into the world a healthy and amazing way. I was in labor with Steven (my 1st) for over 20 hours and I never dilated…not even ONE centimeter. My contractions were HARD, my mom was in tears, my husband was in tears, and I was going in and out of a crazy sleep. Finally, the doctors agreed that my baby was not coming out unless they took him out. And moments later – I had him in my arms. It was the most beautiful thing in the world. I will admit that for a long time, I felt like less of a “woman” because my body would not do what it was “made” to do…I could not have my son vaginally. But, you what – My body did exactly what it was supposed to do – it made an amazing human being and let me know the best way to get him into my arms. So…do NOT feel like you are less if you have a C-Section. You are amazing no matter what 🙂
2. Breast-Feeding – I was able to do this with both my kids and I loved it. It was a bonding time like no other. It is an amazing feeling to know that I am what they need at that moment of need. But, I also understand that not everyone can breastfeed – or have any interest in it. And that’s ok too – do what is best for you. I definitely pumped and supplemented with formula so I could have a break from feeding too. Moms need a break every now and then 🙂
3. Take all the help you can get! Including from the hospital! Your insurance covers a certain amount of days folks – take em! Someone makes your meals, checks in on you – no reason to rush home. And once you get home – let your friends and family help! Accept the meals offered, the 30 minutes of babysitting while you try to shower, the offering to change a diaper….
4. Don’t go crazy with your registry – there are SO many fancy, over-priced (in my opinion) things out there that companies and friends will say that you HAVE to HAVE, but you don’t. I wasn’t changed on a $300 changing table, were you? I have to say that I still turned out ok 🙂 Get what you will USE and what is particular.
5. Don’t buy a ton of baby clothes – they grow out of them so fast! I still have 3 months outfits with tags on them because there was just no way humanly possible to get my kids to wear everything before they grew out of them. OH and don’t buy items with a ton of snaps – you will learn to love onesies.
6. It’s ok to mess up. Everyone does at some point. To put the diaper on wrong, to not know why your baby has been crying for 10 minutes, to just walk away and take a deep breath, to be excited to go to the bathroom yourself. It’s OK – you are NOT less of a mom! And trust me….you will mess up plenty over the years…
7. It’s ok to let them watch TV. You will hear opinions on this from everyone – TV is a babysitter, TV brainwashes your child, etc. Truth is…the TV has been the only way I got in a shower some days, so don’t over do it – but the TV won’t hurt them.
8. Let them eat cake…for breakfast! Nutritious? No….But, it’s OK to let the kids have something completely impractical sometimes!
9. Let them make mistakes. As kids get older – you still want to do everything for them, make everything perfect…But you have to start let them making their own choices every now and then. And if it’s the wrong choice – that’s ok too – your job is let them bloom into THEM. You may have to sit down with them and discuss what the mistake was – but let them do it every now and then 🙂
10. Enjoy every single second. Take pictures. Put down your phone, turn off the computer…you will NOT get these #MilestoneMoments back, so enjoy them. Cherish them. Remember them.
Because before you know it…they will go from this:
And as a bonus tip…make sure you always have enough diapers and wipes on hand! I will never forget when I sent my husband out to the store at 2am because we just used the last diaper. What a nightmare that was!
Parents all understand the importance of a reliable diaper. That’s why when choosing to wrap your baby’s bottom you’ll want to pick up Swaddlers, Pampers softest diaper and the #1 choice among hospitals. Available up to size 5 at Babies “R”Us, their knowledgeable experts can help you choose the perfect fit for your little one.
You will find a wide selection of Pampers Swaddlers available at Babies “R” Us. Here is why we loved Pampers:
- With up to 12 hours of overnight protection, Swaddlers help you make your baby as comfortable as possible
- Swaddlers color-changing wetness indicator makes it easy for you to tell when your baby might be ready for a change
- Swaddlers give your baby comfort and protection they’ll love for even longer
- Swaddlers Super Economy Pack and Economy Plus Pack are now available (online only)
And to get you ready for your #MilestoneMoments, Pampers has HUGE Prize Pack for you guys to enter to win! one lucky reader will win a Pampers Swaddlers Babies”R”Us Prize Pack!
The prize pack includes:
- $150 Babies “R” Us gift card
- Pampers Wipes (64 count)
Here’s how to enter:
Disclosure: I did receive the products listed above for review from the above company along with a Babies R Us gift card. No other compensation was received. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. Having Fun Saving is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment, the PR company is.