Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken is a delicious Crock Pot Recipe. Everyone will love all the flavors and you will love that this is an easy slow cooker recipe. Dinner is done!
Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken – Crock Pot Recipe
I love chicken, but I will admit, I can get bored with it from time to time. So, I love finding new ways and fun ways to cook it. It’s even better if the kids like it 😉 This recipe has bacon, apples, and BBQ, how could you possibly go wrong?
I had some delicious green tart apples from Crunch Pak and since they were sliced, juicy, and ready to go, they were definitely my selection for the apples part. For the bacon, I did toss it on the skillet for a few minutes before I wrapped the chicken in it because I like my bacon crispy. I don’t know about you, but whenever I wrap anything with bacon it never comes out as crispy as I would like it. So, my thought was that if I cooked it up a little first that would help…and it did 🙂
Now, here’s the recipe – make sure to Pin it and Print it so that you can make it again and again.
Feel free to use a crock pot liner for easier clean-up!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups tart green apples - I used Crunch Pak Apples
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 8 slices of bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle a small amount of salt and pepper on each side of the chicken
- Partialy cook the bacon slices on the skillet
- Allow the bacon to cook
- Wrap each piece of chicken in 2 pieces of bacon and place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Mix the apple slices and bbq sauce in a bowl
- Pour over the BBQ sauce mixture over the chicken
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours in the crock pot or until completely cooked.
*If you think you may have it in the slow cooker longer or using less than 4 breast, I suggest adding ½ cup (just enough to cover the bottom of the slow cooker) of low-sodium chicken broth to ensure it doesn't dry the chicken out.
I hope you enjoy this Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken recipe as much as we did! Do you cook with apples often? I love the sweetness they add to meals!
If you need an idea for a side – Check out my Mango Coleslaw, it’s delicious!
Disclosure: I was provided with the Crunch Pak products for review. No other compensation was received. All opinions and this recipe are 100% my own.