Baked Ziti Recipe – Easy & Very Frugal Meal!
Baked Ziti is one of my family’s favorite meals. I love it because it’s really easy to make and it’s VERY cost effective. The whole meal cost me under $10 and it makes a TON.
We are a family of 4 and all had it for dinner one night, my kids had leftovers 2xs for dinner, and my husband and I had leftovers for lunch once. That means we got 10 servings out of it…that’s about $1 per serving 🙂 And the ingredients are so easy!
You just layer the ingredients…so it’s super easy to assemble 🙂
- 1 lb of ground beef - I prefer the 93% lean
- 1 box of pasta noodles
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 10 oz of low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasonings
- 1 egg
- Cook beef thoroughly
- Add in half of the jar of the sauce and simmer
- In a sep pot cook noodles according to package directions
- Mix ricotta, mozzarella, egg, and Italian seasonings in a medium size bowl
- Put a small amount of the jarred sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan - just enough to lightly cover the bottom
- Add in equal layers of noodles, meat mixture, and cheese mixture
- When layers are complete, top with remaining sauce from jar
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated throughout
I hope you guys enjoy this Easy Baked Ziti Recipe as much as my family does!
Looking for another delicious and easy family meal?