Having a smoothie a day is an excellent way to get in a healthy dose of fruits and vegetables in one delicious cup! Enjoy this Healthy Berry Avocado Smoothie today! While I did receive the Vitamix E310 Explorian Series Blender for review through my partnership with Moms Meet, all opinions and the smoothie recipe are my own.
Berry Avocado Smoothie
There is just something satisfying about having a smoothie. Not just because they are a deliciously easy way to get in a few servings of fruits and vegetables, but a healthy protein smoothie also keeps me full longer. And if I am full, I don’t go grabbing for the chips and crackers 😉
Smoothies are very versatile, you can toss just anything in one and if you don’t like it, it’s only one serving and you know for next time. For example, I added green pepper to one of mine…let’s just say that’s not a smoothie recipe I posted here on the blog 😉 I have about 50 different healthy smoothies on here though, so be sure to explore them all!
In today’s smoothie creation, I added beautiful berries that I had frozen, some avocado, cucumber, carrot and some dried goods.
Here are some of the health benefits to the ingredients I selected for this Berry Avocado protein smoothie:
Raspberries – These beautiful berries are rich in vitamins, antioxidants and fiber. They also have a high concentration of ellagic acid which has been said to help prevent cancer.
Blackberries – They are high in antioxidants and Vitamin C, not to mention they taste great and give your smoothie a rich beautiful color.
Avocados – Besides being loaded with the “good fat”, they help heart health, lower cholesterol and lower triglycerides. Plus, they make your smoothie extra creamy.
Cucumbers – These are great for rehydration. Cucumbers are also a great source of vitamin B, so that means they are a natural pick-me-up.
Carrots – This orange powerfood will give you vitamin A and is also linked to preventing cancer, giving you healthier looking skin and aids in digestion.
Cinnamon – Increases metabolism.
Turmeric – Is good for inflammation.
Chia seeds – Are little nutritional powerhouses.
Protein Powder – Helps you to stay fuller a bit longer.
Now, here is my Healthy Berry Avocado Smoothie recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1 cup coconut water - or your choice of liquid
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop your favorite protein powder
- ½ avocado
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 - 5 slices of cucumber
- ½ cup frozen raspberries - you can use fresh, just add ice in as well
- ½ cup frozen blackberries - you can use fresh, just add ice in as well
- Place all ingredients as listed above into your favorite blending device - I used the Vitamix E310 EXPLORIAN SERIES
- Blend until smooth
I hope you enjoy this Berry Avocado Smoothie as much as I do!
Why use a Vitamix?
Well, I’m sure you have heard from friends and family that a Vitamix is AMAZING. But here are a few things you may not know about Vitamix.
- Vitamix is a fourth-generation family-owned American company passionate about liberating and nourishing the zest for life. T
- From appetizers to dessert, the Vitamix E310 Explorian Series Blender features a 48 oz container that is ideal for blending medium batches for small family meals.
- Ten variable speeds allow you to refine every texture with culinary precision, from the smoothest purées to the heartiest soups.
- The Vitamix E310 Explorian Series Blender comes with a pulse feature to layer coarse chops over smooth purées for heartier recipes, such as chunky salsas or thick vegetable soups.
- The powerful 2 HP motor can handle even the toughest ingredients to create high-quality blends.
- With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds—no disassembly required.
- Vitamix stands behind the quality of their machines with full five-year warranties, covering all parts, performance, labor, and two-way shipping at no cost to you.
In other words, Vitamix is the best and belongs in your kitchen.