Blueberry Superfood Antioxidant Smoothie
Did you know that Blueberries are the King of Antioxidant Foods? Not only do blueberries taste fabulous, they are great in baking, cooking, and in smoothies, but they are incredibly good for you! You all know that I love starting my day with a nutritious smoothie. It is an easy and effective way for me to get in fruits, vegetables, and other stuff that is great for me all in one meal!
I am a avid runner and I love going to Jazzercise, being physically active also means that my joints and muscles need extra attention at times. So, making smoothies like this Blueberry smoothie are great for my body! You have to learn to take of ourselves from the inside out!
In this Blueberry Superfood Antioxidant Smoothie I use fresh frozen blueberries, carrots, cucumbers, greens, turmeric, cinnamon, chia seeds, and a splash of milk.
This smoothie is FILLED with Antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Antioxidants are important. Antioxidants protect our bodies from damage and can even help with anti-aging.
- Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and is also a antioxidant.
- Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties, and as an added bonus and helps with metabolism.
- Chia seeds are also loaded with antioxidants, and also are a great source of fiber, protein, and Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- Blueberries are the King of Antioxidant Foods.
Now, here is my Blueberry Superfood Antioxidant Smoothie Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 6-7 baby carrots
- 3-4 slices of cucumber
- handful of greens
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- few shakes of cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon or so)
- ⅔ cup Wyman's Fresh Frozen Blueberries
- 2 - 4 oz skim milk
- Place ingredients as listed above into your favorite blending device
- Blend until smooth
I hope you enjoy this Blueberry Superfood Antioxidant Smoothie as much as I do!
Looking for more amazing smoothies recipes?
Sweet Potato and Pineapple Smoothie – also great for inflammation
I used a product free coupon for the Wyman’s of Maine Blueberries in my smoothie recipe, no other compensation was received. All opinions and this recipe are my own.