Want to learn how to save time and money when it comes time to buying and selling your car? Then be sure to check out these 5 Car Buying Tips. While this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.
5 Car Buying Tips For Busy Families
Does the thought of buying (or selling!) your car give you heart palpitations? I mean once you think you have found the car you want, there’s the idea of spending the entire day walking around the dealership, negotiating the price, then the paperwork….all that paperwork! All the while you have the the kids running around and you are trying to figure out how to keep them from jumping in and out of every car in the showroom.
Between baseball practice schedules, gymnastics classes, making sure homework is done, shuttling the kids play dates and cruising around the mall, cooking, working, and heaven forbid you get some time to yourself or a date night, I am sure you don’t have a ton of extra time to go car shopping. And if you did have a ton of extra time, do you really want to spend it car shopping? Well, maybe if I could buy a Lambo I wouldn’t mind 😉 But since 99.9% of the population can’t just walk in and buy that Lambo and doesn’t have a ton of extra time, I thought I would share a few car buying tips to help ease those heart palpitations.
5 Car Buying Tips:
- Figure Out Your Budget – Seems obvious yes, but just because you have some money in the bank right now, doesn’t mean you have to spend it ALL. Plus, no one wants to be car payment poor. You don’t want to spend more than 25% of your monthly household income for all the vehicles in your household, and that amount should include gas, insurance, maintenance etc.
- Research Vehicles – Now that you know how much you can spend, research the type of vehicles that you like. Once you narrow down the vehicle, be sure to check out all the available features.
- Research Best Buying Options – Will you be looking at new or used cars? Is leasing an option for you? There are a lot of cars on the market that are under three years old, making buying a used car an excellent option. You will be able to get the best value if you buy used. Sometimes interest rates can be higher on used vehicles, but Blinker has rates starting as low at 3%.
- Research Financing – Speaking of interest rates, be sure to look into financing before you fall in love with the perfect car. As I mentioned, Blinker has rates starting as low as 3%.
- Look Into Available Discounts – Are there cash-back offers? Special offers for students or military? How much are you paying in dealer fees? One of the easiest ways to get rid of those expensive dealer fees is to not go to the dealer. Save your time and money and buy/sell or refinance your next car with the free Blinker app.
You may have noticed that Blinker was a time-saving and money-saving option in several of my car buying tips, so you are probably wondering…
What is Blinker?
Blinker is a new mobile app that makes it quicker, easier and safer to sell your car yourself. Does the idea of handling it yourself sound kinda scary? It’s actually as easy as a snap! Blinker is the first-ever mobile app that puts YOU in control of buying, selling and financing cars yourself with your smartphone. Blinker uses patented image-recognition technology, they make everything from selling a car with a lien to getting a loan to refinancing as easy as snapping a photo.
Is Blinker secure?
YES. They securely pull information from your image, ask a few questions and display your loan terms in just a few minutes. If you’d rather get pre-qualified on your computer, it’s just as easy, too. Need to actually talk to a person, you can do that too, give them a call at 1-303-202-3050.
How much can Blinker actually save you?
Well, I consider my time priceless, and Blinker saves you a LOT of time! In regards to money, well, when the free app launched in Texas, people are already earning an average of $3,000 more than trading in at the dealership.
Plus, for a limited time, when you download Blinker (for free), enter code HavingFunSaving and list your car for sale, you’ll earn $200 when it sells.
Not interested in buying a car right now, but have a car you want to sell? Blinker can help with that too. It’s a snap. Just take a picture of your Blinker will automatically pull up all the details on your car – including mileage, specs, plus the estimated Black Book™ value so you will instantly know how to price it fairly. Then you can list it with the tap of a button. When you list your car on Blinker, it will be automatically listed on other major marketplaces – so you don’t need to do any additional work to reach additional buyers. Once your car is listed, interested buyers will message you directly in the app.
Don’t forget that for a limited time, when you download Blinker (for free), enter code HavingFunSaving and list your car for sale, you’ll earn $200 when it sells.
Learn more about Blinker – You’ll be happy you did. Spend your time doing fun things with your family, not at the car dealership.
Come on Florida, don’t we have more fun things to do than hang out at a car dealership?
Like visit St. Augustine
Or build the perfect day at LEGOLAND