These Festively Delicious Cranberry Blue Cheese Bites are easy to make and filled with flavor. This appetizer recipe is the perfect appetizer to add to your holiday menu.
Festively Delicious Cranberry Blue Cheese Bites
The holidays are just about here and I am guessing that you are planning our holiday menus. And if you haven’t yet – now is the time! I know we all jungle trying to make something delicious, and not spending the whole day in the kitchen. Well, I have a flavorful and easy appetizer recipe to share today that will leave your guests grabbing for seconds. You may want to double the recipe 😉
This Festively Delicious Cranberry Blue Cheese Bites appetizer recipe is ready in about 15 minutes, and you may have all the ingredients right at home. I used Salemville Amish Blue Cheese Crumbles, which I found at my local Target, it was the perfect contrast to the sweetness of the candied walnuts and cranberry sauce.
If you don’t want to buy candied walnuts at the store, they are easily made at home by adding a tablespoon of butter and brown sugar to a saute pan and bringing it to a boil, add in the walnut pieces until coated well, and then removing from heat once it appears to start to thicken. It will burn, so watch it closely!
Now, here’s how to make my Festively Delicious Cranberry Blue Cheese Bites, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1 Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 package ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Salemville Amish Crumbled Blue Cheese (2 oz)
- ⅓ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup candied chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray and set aside.
- Unroll dough sheet onto work surface.
- Using 2½-inch round cutter (if you don't have one, use a glass!), cut 12 rounds from crust.
- Place 1 dough round in each muffin cup, pressing down.
- In bowl, mix cream cheese, salt, pepper and egg with fork until well-combined. *If didn't use the whole mixture, I had ¼ left*
- Place about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into each round.
- Top each evenly with blue cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove cups from pan.
- Top each appetizer with 1-2 teaspoons cranberry sauce and several candied walnut pieces.