This recipe is not for the traditional pumpkin roll! This Easy Pumpkin Roll With Maple Drizzle is easy to make and requires a few ingredients and will soon be one of your fall favorite recipes.
How To Make An Easy Pumpkin Roll Using Crescent Dough
Topped With Maple Drizzle
When you think Pumpkin Roll or Pumpkin Log, you probably think of the traditional Pumpkin Cake rolled around a delicious cream cheese filling. Well, this isn’t that recipe. I had a package of the sheet crescent dough (that I grabbed on accident because I really wanted the actual crescent rolls) and an open can of pumpkin puree thanks to my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies so I decided to make an easy Pumpkin Roll. I also made an insanely easy maple glaze that I drizzled on top making this Pumpkin Roll sweet, but not too sweet.
This Crescent Dough Pumpkin Roll makes for a perfect fall breakfast or dessert. Did you know that pumpkin is actually really good for us? Pure pumpkin is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber – making it not only the flavor of fall, but a great addition to your diet – so eat up!
This Pumpkin Roll only requires 6 ingredients for the roll and 3 ingredients for the maple glaze. I had everything required right in my pantry or refrigerator, so hopefully you do too. Prep time is about 5 minutes, and after about 30 – 40 minutes in the oven, you will have this delicious Pumpkin Roll ready to serve to your family and friends. If when you make that first cut and you noticed that the dough is still dough-y, toss it back in the oven and be sure to toss that piece of aluminum foil over the top so that the top doesn’t brown too much.
Now, here is my Easy Pumpkin Roll With Maple Drizzle Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it this fall and beyond.
- 1 package of crescent dough sheet
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup - be sure to use the real stuff!
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½-1 tablespoon milk - I used skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray cookie/baking sheet and set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough onto clean counter or cutting board.
- In a small bowl or mixing cup combine the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple syrup
- Spread the pumpkin mix over the crescent dough, be sure to get all the way to the ends.
- Roll the crescent dough with pumpkin, length-wise.
- Place the roll on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 30 - 35 mins until cooked thoroughly.
- Check the pumpkin roll after about 15 minutes to see if the top is browning too much, if so, loosely place a piece of aluminum foil over the top.
- When you make that first cut into your delicious pumpkin roll, be sure that the dough is cooked.
- If not, place it back in the oven for a few minutes with the aluminum foil on top.
- In a measuring cup add the powdered sugar and maple syrup, slowly add in the milk until the mixture is smooth and "glaze-like"
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm pumpkin roll
I hope you enjoy this Easy Pumpkin Roll With Maple Drizzle Using Crescent Dough as much as we do.
Nibble on this Easy Pumpkin Roll With Maple Drizzle with a cup of coffee in the morning, or for dessert. Either way, I promise you will enjoy it 🙂
Looking for more delicious pumpkin recipes?