Easy Breakfast recipes that taste great makes mornings much easier! Enjoy this Easy Vegetable and Sausage Pancake Casserole recipe! While this post is sponsored, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Easy Vegetable and Sausage Pancake Casserole
I love making breakfast. I make it every Sunday for our family and a handful of the neighbors, Pancake Sunday is a holiday in our house 🙂 The kids always have their favorite variety of pancakes, and I try to mix it up every now and then for us adults. But this past weekend, I wondered how I could add some vegetables into the pancakes and not have it be weird. Turns out, it’s not weird at all, and absolutely delicious! I made an Easy Vegetable and Sausage Pancake Casserole and I will definitely be making it again.
It kinda reminds me of my Breakfast Strata, but this was WAY easier to make, lighter, and had a lot less carbs 🙂 In fact, I used the Buttermilk Protein Pancake mix, so it had added protein even! Score!
All you need to make this Vegetable and Sausage Pancake Casserole is 5 ingredients (veggies, sausage, water, pancake mix and cheese!) and about 25 minutes. It takes about 20 minutes in the oven, and about 5 minutes of prep time. I just love easy breakfast recipes that look (and taste) like you have been slaving in the kitchen since before the sun came up.
Now, here’s to make my Vegetable and Sausage Pancake Casserole, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1½ cups pancake mix - I used Krusteaz Protein Pancake Mix
- 1¼ cup of veggies - I used ¾ cup mushrooms, ¼ cup diced tri-color peppers
- 1½ cup water
- 8 oz breakfast sausage (half of a roll) - I used hot
- 4 oz shredded cheese - I used sharp cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Saute veggies in a medium pan until soft - add in a touch of oil or butter if needed
- Add the breakfast sausage to the same pan and cook throughout
- In a small bowl mix water and pancake until smooth
- Pour the pancake mixture into an sprayed 8x8 baking dish
- Sprinkle sausage and vegetable mixture on top of the pancake mix
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top
- Bake 400 for 15-20 minutes or if you have a convection oven bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees
I hope you enjoy this Vegetable and Sausage Pancake Casserole as much as we do!
In fact, I think I will be making it again this coming Pancake Sunday, everyone loved it and it’s so easy to customize. Breakfast is a staple in homes across the country and Krusteaz, makers of premium pancake and waffle mixes, has been making our Pancake Sunday a success for years. They have just launched the new Buttermilk Protein Pancake mix this fall, and we have been loving it. I love that it has 13g of added protein, so it’s the perfect way to keep our family full and energized all day long.
In keeping with Krusteaz’s commitment to simplified and wholesome ingredients, the new protein pancake is free of partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors and preservatives.
Looking for more breakfast ideas?