These Healthy Banana Pumpkin Muffins are lower in sugar than your traditional muffins but still have all the delicious flavors of fall. Bake up a batch of these pumpkin banana muffins today, they are ready in about 20 minutes!
Healthy Banana Pumpkin Muffins
Mmmmmm…pumpkin! I just love pumpkin season. Not only do I love eating all things pumpkin, but did you know that pumpkin is actually good for us? Pumpkin loaded with fiber, vitamin A, potassium, anti-oxidants, and healthy fats. So, go ahead…Let Them Eat PUMPKIN! Of course, you have to watch what you add to your pumpkin recipes to keep them on the healthy side, that’s why I love these Pumpkin Banana Muffins, they are moist, delicious and not full of calories. Of course, they would be great for breakfast, but since you can have a warm pumpkin banana muffin ready and in your hands in about 20 minutes…they would also make for a yummy snack.
You probably have all the ingredients right in the house too! The main ingredients for these banana pumpkin muffins: bananas, pumpkin, eggs, oats, flour and sugar. The rest of the ingredients are your spices and oils…like I said, you probably have it all on hand right now. So, let’s get baking 🙂
Here is my Healthy Banana Pumpkin Muffins recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oats (plus additional for sprinkling on top)
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 4 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl: Bananas, pumpkin, eggs, butter, coconut, and vanilla.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash all ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to the mashed mixture and stir until well combined.
- Line cupcake or muffin pan with liners and fill with batter ½ way.
- Sprinkle with additional oats.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 mins (until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle)
I hope you enjoy these Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal Muffins as much as we do!
What is one of your favorite ways to enjoy pumpkin this season?
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?