If you work out of the home, there are some home office essentials that you just have to have! Here is my list of 12 Home Office Essentials. While this post is sponsored, all opinions are 100% my own.
12 Home Office Essentials
Every Work at Home Mom Needs To Get Stuff Done…Including Me
I love being able to work at home. It is a luxury that many don’t have. I can wake up and get my kids breakfast, make their lunches and talk about what is on their calendar for the day while I sip on my coffee. I can also walk my daughter to the bus stop and go on field trips without taking a “scheduled day off.” Oh, and I don’t have to sit in 2 hours of traffic everyday. And while all those things are amazing and I wouldn’t change them for the world, there are some disadvantages to working at home…like getting distracted by the dishes in the sink, or the ever-growing pile of laundry. In order to keep me focused and on task, I have found that a dedicated “home office” or even “home office area” where I can work truly helps.
And in the home office, there are a few things that I need to keep me working and successful. So, I wanted to share my home office essentials.
12 Home Office Essentials
- Coffee and creamer – Now, I don’t have to have a coffee pot right next to me, but let’s be honest folks…I can’t function without a good cup of coffee in the morning. With flavored creamer 😉
- Laptop/PC – Have laptop will travel! A laptop or some form of computer device is essential for just about every job now-a-days.
- Printer – and paper. It’s also a good idea to have some labels on hand to make mailings easier.
- WiFi – I would guess that’s a given, but it’s definitely essential.
- Desk/Table – Dedicated desk space or table where everything you needs fits without being too crowded.
- Comfortable Chair – We spend a lot of time sitting, so make sure you are in a comfortable chair. On that note, I strongly recommend getting up and standing throughout the day too. It’s good for you 🙂
- Calendar – Everyone seems to have a different version that works for them and that’s totally fine. Me, I am old-school and like to actually write things down still. My calendar has to have room for work and home life.
- Sticky Notes – This is when I admit that just because it’s written in my calendar doesn’t mean I’ll remember it. I need to have sticky notes on write down the things that need to be done right away or the ones that I can’t forget.
- The Basics – Pens, paper, pencil, pen holder and stapler.
- Music – Listening to tunes has been proven to make you more productive. You don’t need to have a dance party, but a welcome mental distraction always helps.
- A Window – Being able to see outside and get some natural light is good for the mind, which in turn will make you more productive.
- Somewhere to work NOT at home – One of the beautiful things about being able to work at home, also means that I can work just about anywhere. Sometimes, you just need to get out of the house, so map out a few local places with WiFi that you can go to if you just need a change of scenery.
Now, your specific job may require some additional things, this list is just to help you on that journey of being able to work at home. And if you happen to be self-employed don’t forget to look into potential tax deductions.
So, now you have a list of home office essentials, where do you get everything you need?
Quill.com is dedicated to not only having everything you need to help you succeed, but their customer service, prices, free shipping on orders over $45, free returns, re-order center, savings, coupons, discount offers, and money-back guarantee are like no other store out there.
Check out the latest ways to save on all your home office essentials: