This Homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups Recipe is easy and you can feel good about feeding it to your family! With only a few ingredients, you will wonder why you ever got store-bought fruit roll ups before!
Homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups
My kids love fruit roll ups, I will buy them when they are BOGO at the local grocery store, but when I received a huge box of Fresh From Florida berries the other day from Wish Farms, I decided to do some cooking! Strawberries are naturally sweet and delicious, so I decided to make a simple sweet treat that the kids would love. Homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups. You may have also heard the term, Fruit Leather, but if I told my kids the name was Fruit Leather, they wouldn’t be as interested 😉 So Fruit Roll Ups it is in my house.
You only need THREE simple ingredients to make these strawberry fruit roll ups, but I snuck in a fourth. Shh, don’t tell my kids, but I added in some carrots too! Carrots are also naturally sweet and delicious, so why not add in some extra nutrients?!
You simply use your food processor to blend together the ingredients, then pour it onto parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet that is lining your cookie sheet, and bake!
After 3 – 5 hours at 200 degrees, you will have your own Homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups. They make for a great addition to the kids’ lunchboxes or when you are craving a sweet treat mid-day. Which happens to me just about everyday 🙂
Now, here is my Homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries - you can use frozen, just defrost them first
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup carrots - optional - I had matchstick ones in my refrigerator, so that's what I used
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Place all ingredients into your food processor
- You should be able to pour the mixture, but it shouldn't be so watery that it will run off the baking sheet
- Line rimmed baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mats
- Pour/spread the mixture evenly onto baking/cookie sheet
- Place in oven and cook until firm - approx. 3-5 hours
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Cut into desired width and length strips
- Roll up with parchment paper if desired, or keep separated with wax paper in an air-tight container
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or two months in freezer
I hope you enjoy these Homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups as much as we do!
Looking for more berry-delicious recipes?