This easy Korean Chicken recipe is full of flavor and a great addition to your healthy lifestyle! Make this delicious Korean Chicken recipe as a freezer to slow cooker meal or just toss it all in the crockpot today…either way, you’ll love it!
Korean Chicken – Freezer to Crockpot Meal
You may remember my Korean Beef recipe, it’s actually a family favorite and I usually make a double batch and still end up with very little leftovers. I have made it with ground beef and ground turkey, so the last time I was doing some meal prep with my Zaycon Chicken, I figured why not make Korean Chicken.
Since I was freezing this recipe and making it in the slow cooker, I did increase the amount of the sauce a little from my Korean Beef recipe. I didn’t want it to dry out at all, and I wanted it to be nice and flavorful.
Now, here is my Korean Chicken Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce - I use low sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red-pepper flakes, or more to taste - I usually use more, but we like spicy
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1½ - 2 lbs chicken
- Cooked rice and quinoa for serving
- Place all the ingredients into a freezer bag and seal until ready for use
- When ready to prepare, dump all the contents into your slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred
- Shred the chicken and put it back into the slow cooker for at least 10 minutes so it can soak up all those yummy juices
- Serve immediately with rice and quinoa - or just rice if you prefer
I hope you enjoy this Korean Chicken Recipe as much as we do!
I served mine on a bed of sauteed squash and a rice/quinoa blend alongside a Fresh Green Bean Salad. The whole meal with light, delicious, and loaded with flavor.
Looking for more Chicken Freezer Meals? Try these recipes:
Sweet Mustard Chicken
Looking for more great recipes?