This Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage recipe is healthy, delicious, and easy to make. Make this stuffed cabbage as a freezer to crockpot meal or have it for dinner tonight.
Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage – Freezer to Crockpot Meal
Do you like Stuffed Cabbage? I feel like it’s one of those meals that you either love or hate. Either you are thinking ” Oh, I love cabbage!” or “Uh, I don’t like cabbage at all.” Well, I actually teetered close to the “No thanks” side of the cabbage spectrum. But, the last time I picked up my Zaycon Beef, my mom was here and she promised me that this recipe wasn’t really “cabbage-y”, it was healthy, and really tasty.
So, I did it. I prepped Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage with some of my lean ground beef from Zaycon and tossed it in the freezer. And that is where it sat for at least a month. You know when you have things in the freezer that you buy and then when you get home you decide you don’t want it anymore? That’s what I was feeling like. Not that I didn’t want it, but that I would make it and my family would all turn their noses up at it. Then one day I did it, I rescued my Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage from the freezer and tossed it in the crockpot.
Are you sitting there wondering if this story has a happy ending, I mean I really went out of my way to tell you how nervous I was about this recipe…
The answer is YES. I served my family and EVERYONE ate it and better yet, LIKED IT! My kids don’t eat many veggies at all, so I was worried that they wouldn’t like it. And my hubby, well, he is definitely one of those folks that doesn’t like cabbage.
- My husband had two bowls.
- My kids cleaned their plates.
- I really enjoyed it!
- Will I make it again? YES!
So, if you LOVE stuffed cabbage, I definitely recommend this recipe, and if you are one of those people that aren’t the biggest fans, I still say you should give this one a try. Everything cooks together so nicely in the slow cooker, and the flavors blend together perfectly.
Now, here is my…well, my mom’s, Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage Recipe. You can make it a Freezer Meal like I did or you can choose to make it today 🙂
- ½ head shredded cabbage - Medium size
- 1.5 lbs uncooked lean ground beef
- 2 14.5 cans diced tomatoes - I used the garlic and onion variety
- 1 red onion - diced * you can use yellow onion if you prefer
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can of tomato soup
- 1 cup Minute Rice - I used Brown rice
- Get a gallon size freezer bag and label it
- Put ½ the shredded cabbage in the freezer bag
- Layer in all the meat
- Layer the onions and garlic
- Pour in one can of the diced tomatoes
- Layer on the rice
- Add the rest of the shredded cabbage to the freezer bag
- Pour in the 2nd can of diced tomatoes
- Pour in the can tomato soup
- Seal the bag and toss in the freezer until ready to use
- Add prepped meal to the slow cooker, cook on low for appox 8 hours or until cooked throughout if cooked from frozen, if thawed cook for approx 6 hours or until cooked throughout
I hope you enjoy this Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage Recipe as much as we do!
Looking for another delicious Make Ahead Meal?