Mexican Chicken – Freezer Crock Pot Meal
I am very excited to bring you guys the 1st recipe of a Freezer Crock pot Series I am doing! I got some ideas for recipes from a dear friend of mine and then my neighbor and I went to town 🙂 This is the 1st recipe we have tried and it’s fabulous. Not to mention it’s SUPER easy and only 5 ingredients!
If you didn’t want to make this meal ahead of time and just wanted to put everything in the crock pot in the morning when you woke up, you can totally do that too. I promise that you will like it and want to make it again though…so maybe make two batches and freeze one for those busy nights 🙂
Now, here my Mexican Chicken recipe, make sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Feel free to use a crock pot liner for easier clean-up!
- 24 oz salsa - this is the BIG jar
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- Juice from 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 4-6 chicken breasts depending on size - approx 1-1½ lbs
- Cheese and Shredded Lettuce if desired
- Put the chicken, salsa, taco seasonings, lime juice, and cilantro into a ziploc bag and freeze
- Thaw overnight
- Place food in crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Shred chicken when it is cooked throughout
- Place back in crock pot for at least 30 mins to make sure all the flavors soak into the chicken
- Serve on tortillas or salad
- Top with desired toppings
As I mentioned in the recipe, you can also serve the chicken on a bed of lettuce to reduce the carbs, or if you are like my husband and love tortilla chips, it also makes for amazing nachos 🙂
I hope your family enjoys this Mexican Chicken recipe as much as we did! And be on the look out for some more Freezer to Crock Pot Meals 🙂
Looking for more easy, family-friendly meals? Check out this Easy Taco Bake Recipe: