One Pot Mexican Quinoa Recipe #SundaySupper
Easy, healthy, and delicious. That’s exactly what this Mexican Quinoa Recipe is. I know we are all trying to eat better and take care of US, so I thought you guys would enjoy this one. In fact, there are a bunch of amazing heart-healthy recipes listed below from my fellow Sunday Sunday Bloggers, so make sure to check them all out.
Once you have your ingredients, you literally just through them all in the pot and cover it! Could it get much easier?! From start to finish, you will have this meal ready in under 30 minutes.
I did use a Brown Rice Quinoa Blend in mine, but you can easily use all Quinoa. My husband is still on the fence about Quinoa, so if I use a 50/50 blend he doesn’t complain too much 😉
I love Mexican food, so this hearty, healthy dish is one of my favorites. And it makes a bunch, so you will definitely have some leftovers 🙂 Look at all those beautiful veggies!
Now, here’s the recipe, make sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic - approx 2 cloves
- ½ cup quinoa/brown rice blend (you can use just quinoa as well)
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced zesty tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 southwest corn - I used frozen, but you can easily use canned
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, cook for approx 1 minute
- Stir in all ingredients expect the lime juice
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until quinoa is cooked, approx 20 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice when done
I hope you enjoy this One Pot Mexican Quinoa as much as we do!
Looking for more Heart Healthy meals and snacks? Look no further! Check out all the recipes below from my fellow Sunday Supper Bloggers!
Better for you breakfasts:
- Apple Pie Oatmeal by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Scones by Brunch with Joy
- Create-Your-Own Overnight Oatmeal by Rhubarb and Honey
- Orange, Mango, Lime & Ginger Smoothie by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Pear Bran Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Stovetop Fruit & Honey Granola by What Smells So Good?
Jump start your health with these appetizers and snacks:
- Almond Crusted Chicken Nuggets by Momma’s Meals
- Chipotle Black Bean Dip by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lemon Aioli with Spring Vegetables by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mala Baked Tofu Bites by Palatable Pastime
- Parmesan Pistachio Kale Chips by The Texan New Yorker
Soups that’ll win your heart:
- Asian Soba Noodle Broth Bowl by Hip Foodie Mom
- Kale, Spinach, and Bean Soup by Ruffles & Truffles
- Mushroom Quinoa Soup by Pies and Plots
- Quinoa Chickpea Soup with Roasted Garlic & Veggies by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Turkey and Black-Eyed Peas Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Veggies, Sides, & Salads your heart will thank you for:
- Collard Greens with Cumin and Paprika by Nik Snacks
- Salmon Caesar Salad by Casa de Crews
- Kale Roasted Beet Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing by Noshing with the Nolands
- Lightened-Up Creamed Spinach au Gratin by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Roasted Teriyaki Green Beans and Mushrooms by NeighborFood
- Salmon Salad Niçoise by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Seasoned Spinach & Bok Choy by Nosh My Way
- Spinach Berry Salad by Country Girl in the Village
- Sweet & Smokey Cauliflower Salad by Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Winter Citrus Salad with Avocado-Basil Dressing by Foxes Love Lemons
Healthy is the center of attention in these main courses:
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- One Pot Mexican Quinoa by Having Fun Saving and Cooking
- Celeriac Noodles with Mushroom Ragu by The Joyful Foodie
- Gluten Free Roasted Chicken and Kale by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Heart Healthy Salmon Bento by The Ninja Baker
- Lemony Grilled Chicken by Peaceful Cooking
- Moroccan Salmon Tagine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Olive Oil-Poached Salmon with Pickled Cherry Salsa by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Oven Baked Tilapia Tacos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Piperies Yemistes me Pligouri – Bulgur Stuffed Peppers by Food Lust People Love
- Salmon with Mango Salsa by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake by Food Done Light
- Vegetable and Ginger Congee by eating in instead
- Vegetarian Cuban-Style Black Beans & Rice by MealDiva
- White Bean, Corn, Tomato and Rice Skillet by Family Foodie
Staying healthy doesn’t mean giving up desserts!
- Baked Figs with Vanilla and Honey by Happy Baking Days
- Caramelized Pear Tart by PancakeWarriors
- Cherry-Blueberry Trifles by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
We heart wine.
- Wine Pairing Recommendations for Heart Healthy #SundaySupper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.