This Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad With Toasted Walnuts and White Wine Vinaigrette Dressing is light, flavorful and soon to be your favorite salad. I am a proud CK Mondavi and Family Ambassador, while this post is sponsored, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
With Toasted Walnuts and White Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
I have ordered roasted beets in restaurants a few times, and I am always amazed on how roasting them brings out a sweetness in them that is just delicious. So, when CK Mondavi and Family asked me to prepare a Spring dish that was light, healthy, and full of flavor to pair with one of my favorite wines, I decided it was time for me to make my own Roasted Beet Salad.
Now, if even if you don’t like beets, or think they are a bit too “earthy” tasting for your liking, I encourage you to try this recipe. You may just change your mind. Not only is it beautiful, but the light white wine vinaigrette dressing, paired with the smooth goat cheese and toasted walnuts will make this a dish you add to your meal plan real soon.
The beets are really the star of this salad, I used microgreens and a mixture of the greens from the beets as a simple topping with the goat cheese and toasted walnuts, I really didn’t want anything heavy or overpowering to take away from the sweetness of the beets and the dressing.
The beets, goat cheese and toasted walnuts all really just melt in your mouth, I will openly admit that I had this roasted beet salad for 3 days in a row. And I will definitely be making it again when I go back to the store to get more beets 😉 I used red and gold beets in my recipe, I love the color contrast, but you can use just red or just gold if you prefer.
Now, here’s how to make my Roasted Beet Salad with goat cheese, toasted walnuts and white wine vinaigrette. Be sure to Pin It and Print It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1 large red beet
- 1 large gold beet
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons corn oil - evoo would be fine as well
- ¼ cup unsalted chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon corn oil - evoo would be fine as well
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons CK Mondavi and Family Sauvignon Blanc
- ¼ cup corn oil - evoo would be fine as well
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- ½ cup microgreens or greens from beets (or the greens of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a dash of oil, salt and pepper in the center of a piece of aluminum foil.
- Place the beet on the oil, cover completely.
- Place beets on baking sheet, bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour until tender. You will be able to easily stick a fork into the beets when they are done.
- While the beets are in the oven, prepare the white wine vinaigrette and toasted walnuts.
- Toss the chopped walnuts in the teaspoon of corn oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and put in oven for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the CK Mondavi and Family Sauvignon Blanc, ¼ cup of corn oil, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Set in refrigerator until ready for use.
- Once the beets are tender and cool, peel and quarter them. Feel free to cut them thinner if you used larger beets.
- Transfer the beets to a bowl; if using golden and red, put them in separate bowls.
- Toss the beets with the vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper and arrange on a platter.
- Crumble the goat cheese on top and sprinkle with the toasted walnuts and greens.
- Drizzle the white wine vinaigrette over the top.
I hope you enjoy this Roasted Beet Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad With Toasted Walnuts and White Wine Vinaigrette Dressing as much as I do!
I recommend pairing my Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad With Toasted Walnuts and White Wine Vinaigrette Dressing with CK Mondavi and Family Sauvignon Blanc for two reasons:
- You already opened the bottle for the dressing 😉
- Sauvignon Blanc is one of my favorite wines because it’s light and crisp. Making this medium-bodied wine filled with grapefruit and citrus flavors the perfect pairing to this roasted beet salad.
Want to learn more about wine pairing? CK Mondavi and Family makes it easy, check out How To Make Wine Pairing Simple.
While you are checking out wine pairing, be sure to share your perfect pairing for a chance to win. Right now CK Mondavi and Family is running a monthly “#pairNpost” sweepstakes where Instagram and Twitter followers can post of photo of their ideal CK Mondavi and Family pairing, tag #pairNpost.
Looking for more CK Mondavi and Family wine-inspired recipes?