Looking for an easy breakfast recipe that requires very little prep time? This Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole is it. Enjoy it with your family today! While this post is sponsored, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
I love making breakfast on the weekend, since I usually make it for my family as well as my neighbors on Sunday, I love creating easy breakfast recipes that are also full of flavor. This week I combined all of our favorite things, tossed it in a casserole pan and the result was this hearty and delicious Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole.
I used turkey sausage in my recipe, but you can easily submit any type of sausage that you prefer. I also used the refrigerated hash browns instead of the frozen, if you opt for frozen hash browns, I recommend thawing them first.
Now, here is my Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1 bag of fresh hash browns - if used frozen - thaw them - I used the O'Brien variety for a bit of extra flavor
- 8 oz shredded cheese - I shredded Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar
- 6 eggs - I used Nellie's Free Range eggs
- ½ cup milk - I used skim
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite table seasoning - I used Dust by Voodoo Chef
- 1 package of turkey breakfast sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the sausage in a pan until sausage is no longer pink, crumble into small pieces
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish
- Pour the hash browns into the baking dish
- In a small bowl mix the eggs, milk, and seasoning
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the hash browns
- Sprinkle on ½ the cheese
- Layer on the sausage over the cheese
- Sprinkle on the remainder of cheese
- Cover and bake for 1 hour
- Remove cover - bake for another 10 minutes
- Allow to set for 5 minutes before serving
I hope you and your family enjoy this Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole as much as we do!
I used Nellie’s Free Range eggs and Cabot Creamery cheese in this recipe for one very important reason, they’re the best. I have had the opportunity to partner with both brands in the past and I am a loyal customer. The quality of the ingredients does make a difference in the end result of your recipe.
What is one of your family’s favorite breakfast recipes?
Looking for more deliciousness?