Try this Savory Mustard Mushroom Gravy & Pork Recipe for your next busy weeknight meal! It’s a delicious idea for dinner. While this post is sponsored, the recipe and all opinions are my own.
Savory Mustard Mushroom Gravy & Pork Recipe
This Savory Mustard Mushroom Gravy and Pork Recipe is easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner, but fancy enough to make anyone you serve it to think that you slaved in the kitchen all day. You only need 4 simple ingredients to make the gravy, and you probably have them in your house right now. I used diced pork butt for the protein in my recipe, but you could easily substitute pork chops, chicken or even beef tips. The gravy is just that good.
For this Savory Mustard Mushroom Gravy recipe you will need butter, green onion, mushrooms, dry white wine (or double the chicken stock), chicken stock, 1% DairyPure Milk, and grainy Dijon mustard. Go ahead and check your refrigerator, you have must of those, don’t you? Perfect, you are on your way to an amazing dinner!
Now, here is my Savory Mustard Mushroom Sauce & Pork Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1 - 1.5 lbs of diced pork butt (bit size pieces)
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper (or more, to taste)
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup green onions, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine (or chicken stock/broth)
- ½ cup 1% DairyPure Milk
- ½ cup chicken stock/broth
- 2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- Heat the butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat until melted.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl, then place the pork in the flour and turn over to lightly coat it, shaking off excess flour.
- Add the pork to the pan and cook until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Remove the cooked pork from the pan, put on a plate and set aside.
- Add the diced green onions to the pan (save a few for garnish if desired), and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and continue to sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour in the wine and chicken stock, be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the brown bits that may have cooked on, and simmer for about 3 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Add in the mustard and pour in the milk. Whisk for 2-3 minutes.
- Return the pork and any juices to the pan, and let it simmer for another 2-3 minutes to warm the pork back up and the gravy will thicken.
- Serve immediately
I hope you enjoy this Savory Mustard Mushroom Sauce & Pork Recipe as much as we do!
You’ll notice that I used DairyPure Milk in this Savory Mustard Mushroom Sauce & Pork Recipe (and serve it to my family at meal time and all day!) because it is the only milk backed by an exclusive Five-Point Purity Promise, which means that DairyPure Milk contains no artificial growth hormones*, is tested for antibiotics, is continually quality tested to ensure purity, only comes from cows fed a healthy diet and is cold shipped from your trusted dairy. So, it’s a brand that I feel good about pouring my family and friends. And that’s important to me.
I used the 1% reduced fat variety in my recipe, but it is also available in whole, 2% low-fat and skim/fat-free milks. You can find all varieties in the dairy case at grocery stores nationwide. I picked mine up at my local Target, but they also carry it at my local Winn-Dixie and Publix.
For more recipes, where to find DairyPure Milk and the full line of products and to learn more about DairyPure’s exclusive Five-Point Purity Promise, visit DairyPure.com, and find DairyPure on Facebook and Pinterest.