Enjoy this Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe now or make it as a Freezer to Crockpot Meal. This recipe is prepped in just 10 minutes and simmers all day.
Sweet and Sour Chicken – Freezer to Crockpot Meal
Slow cooker meals are one of the easiest ways to get dinner going. There is nothing better than walking out to my freezer, grabbing a ziploc bag, opening it and tossing it in the crockpot knowing that my delicious dinner is going to be ready when we’re ready.
This sweet and sour chicken recipe only takes a few moments to prep and can easily be frozen ahead of time or tossed in the crockpot when you are ready.
I recently got my order from Zaycon Chicken and since I had a large amount of fabulous chicken breasts at one time, I figured it was the perfect time to prep some Freezer to Crockpot meals. As I mentioned, you don’t have to make this as a Freezer to Crockpot meal, just leave out the part that says “Toss in a ziploc bag and freeze until ready for use” in the instructions 🙂
Now, here is my Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ small onion, diced
- ¾ - 1 red pepper, sliced
- ¾ - 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 20 oz can pineapple (chunks in 100% juice)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Toss all the ingredients into a large freezer ziploc bag and freeze until ready for use
- Thaw overnight and cook on low for 6 hours
- Shred or break apart chicken into smaller pieces before serving and place back into juices in crockpot for 15-30 mins for added flavor
- Serve over rice
I hope you and your family enjoy this Sweet and Sour Chicken Freezer to Crockpot Recipe as much as we do!
Looking for more Freezer to Crockpot Meals? Check out this Ranch Chicken Recipe.