Sweet & Spicy Shrimp Recipe – Cooks In Under 5 Minutes
Creating recipes can be a lot of fun, you can research your favorite ingredients, see what flavors blend well together, source cookbooks and Pinterest, you can spend hours in the grocery store just using your creative imagination. And then reality sets in. You need something delicious, you something quick, and you don’t want to spend a fortune on ingredients. And that is exactly what this Sweet & Spicy Shrimp recipe is. With only a few (THREE to be exact) ingredients you will have dinner ready in less than 5 minutes!
Last week, my husband planned a wine tasting and pairing party to celebrate my birthday. We had six small plates and wine pairings for 8 people. That’s 48 plates that needed to be made! Since we didn’t want my husband spending the whole night cooking so he could actually enjoy the night too, we needed plates that could be prepared ahead of time and that could be ready easily. And they needed to go with our wine pairings of course 🙂
Just as important as the meal itself was actually the ease of clean up, with a house full of guests, or just on a simple Monday night, no one wants to spend more time cleaning up than necessary. One of the ingredients in this Sweet & Spicy Shrimp is honey, honey tends to be sticky.
So, I strongly recommend using a good non-stick pan when you saute this Sweet & Spicy Shrimp recipe.
We used our Bialetti Sapphire 10” Saute pan. The cookware is a heavy-gauge, aluminum vessel for superior heat distribution. The shrimp cooked quickly, evenly, and turned out absolutely perfect. Plus, with Bialetti Sapphire cookware, clean up is a breeze. The honey marinade just slid right off thanks to the Nanotec™ Infused Nonstick coating, we were cleaned up in no time. Bialetti Sapphire cookware is dishwasher safe too, but since it washes so easily, I would rather save the space in the dishwasher and do it by hand 🙂
Now, here is my Sweet & Spicy Shrimp Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- ½ cup honey
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp - thawed, peeled, deveined with tails on
- Place the shrimp, honey and sriracha into a ziploc bag and let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, heat your saute pan and dump in the shrimp mixture
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, flipping if necessary
- When cooked thoroughly, shrimp will no longer be opaque, they will be white in color
I hope you enjoy this Sweet & Spicy Shrimp Recipe as much as we do! It makes for a perfect appetizer, or serve with rice and vegetables for a nutritious well-rounded meal.
As I mentioned above, I used Bialetti Sapphire cookware, while I did receive it for review, my opinions and the recipe are my own. The cookware is beautiful and I look forward to creating meals in it for years to come.
Here are some of my favorite features:
- Nanotec™ Infused Nonstick coating
- Dishwasher safe
- Superior heat distribution
- Metal utensil safe *Using high temperature nylon, silicone or wood tools is recommended for longer lasting beauty
- PFOA Free
- Riveted, cast stainless steel handles
- Oven safe to 400°F *Do not use in broiler
- Safe for gas, electric, glass and induction stovetops.
- Limited Lifetime Guarantee
- It’s beautiful!
Here are the pieces that are available in the Bialetti Sapphire cookware set:
- 8” Saute Pan
- 10” Saute Pan
- 2qt Covered Sauce Pan
- 3qt Covered Sauce Pan
- 3qt Covered Deep Saute
- 6qt Covered Dutch
Where to buy: