Toys R Us & Babies R Us New Price Match Guarantee Policy
Toys R Us and Babies R Us Price Match Guarantee policy was recently changed. I wanted to give everyone an easy run down of the new changes, especially with the holiday season fast approaching!
The main point to remember is that Toys R Us and Babies R Us will match any valid competitor’s ad! Here’s a few guidelines to help.
The price match is valid for in-store purchases ONLY
The price match is valid for all competitor STORE purchases (not online)
Items purchased must be identical to the items advertised (including color, size, and brand name)
The COMPLETE, original competitor ad with valid dates must be presented at time of purchase
Prices are matched AFTER deducting Toys R Us and/or Babies R Us coupons and other offers from their price
Price match is granted at time of purchase or within 7 days of purchase date with a valid receipt
Special Guideline: They will match any www.toysrus.com or www.babiesrus.com online pricing in-store, except for online only prices. (This is because internet pricing is operated independently of store pricing.)
Additional baby gear price match guidelines:
They will match online pricing for identical items or models of baby gear merchandise from selected national competitors who carry a large variety of baby and juveile products (i.e. Amazon.com)
Online advertisements and prices will be from selected national competitors will be price matched in store. (I would bring in a printed copy of the item just in case. Be sure the copy has a printed date on it.)
- Competitor shipping charges will be calculated and factored into the cost of the online price. This may make calculations a little more difficult. Trying to find items with free shipping will help your efforts.
- Baby gear includes the following items: high chair, play yards, swings, bouncers, entertainers, bassinets, doorway jumpers, jumperoos, car seats and accessories, strollers and accessories, shopping cart covers, bottle totes and changing pads.
What they will NOT price match from competitors:
- Category-wide or storewide discounts
- Buy One Get One with purchase offers
- Gift with purchase offers
- Percentage (%) off discounts
- Out-of-stock or limited quantity items
- Doorbuster items
- Prices advertised on Black Friday
- Internet pricing for non-baby gear items
Just in case, I’d also print out a copy of the new Toys R Us/Babies R Us Price Match Guarantee Policy and bring with you in store. The program/store may respond differently depending on location. Keep in mind that this policy is new for the workers too!